When we worship, there is a place we can find ourselves in where we are more aware of the spiritual world than our physical one. It’s as though our present world temporarily fades away. Have you ever been to a concert or performance where you are momentarily transported by the sheer beauty that you are experiencing? As we worship, THIS is our goal – to become so aware of God’s Presence and His love that nothing else matters but being with Him. We are SO aware of God’s goodness and love that our troubles and fears are enveloped in His peace.
What happens when we use music as a tool to worship?
- We get above our circumstances and get a new perspective.
- We have an awareness of the beauty of the presence of our Living God and how much He loves us.
- We are reminded that He’s all knowing, all powerful and constantly present with us.
Worship helps us to align our spirit with God. We know God is with us and for us, and that He is good! We become one in spirit. Amazingly, it has been found that as people sing together in worship to God, as in a choir for instance, as well as the beneficial effects of the heart, their heartbeats actually synchronize. In other words, their hearts beat as one. This has been widely published across the world. If this happens in a choir or in corporate worship singing, IMAGINE what happens within us when we become one in spirit with God through our worship! If you attend a church, you may have noticed after amazing times of worship as a group, you often feel increased affection for the people around you.
Why is worship through music important? Worship is a choice. We are giving God our affection and this moves His heart as a child moves the heart of their parent. For example, when a child comes and wraps their arms around our necks without prompting and tells us we are loved, we are moved beyond words. When we worship we give something of value to Him that involves our whole being. We are affirming our belief in His worth. Consider these verses….
- Hebrews 13:15 NLT “Therefore, let us offer through Jesus a continual sacrifice of praise to God, proclaiming our allegiance to his name.”
- Romans 12:1 NLT “And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.” (The NIV says “This is your spiritual act of worship.”)
- 2 Corinthians 3:18 NAS “But we all, with unveiled faces, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.”
Spending time in worship changes us to reflect the nature of God. Here, Paul is contrasting how Moses’s face shone with God’s glory after spending time in God’s presence and how we can too be transformed into the likeness of Him! We become like who we worship.
How does worship bring life to us? Life flows out of our connection with Him. He is the vine and we are the branches. In challenging times, we are centered and strengthened by the peace found in Jesus who is our Prince of Peace.
In the webinar below, the very beautiful Rebekah Van Tinteren shares practical tools with our community. Music is therapy. Worship is our response to God, and that aligns our hearts to His. She demonstrates how we can take verses and use them daily on our journey with music. It’s a powerful and life giving session!
Watch the HealingStrong webinar “Music as Therapy” HERE
Rebekah Van Tinteren LIVE at the HealingStrong Conference
This Week’s Podcast Episode
Dedicated naturopathic Dr. Andrea Colon recounts her journey and motivation in discovering her passion for naturopathic medicine at a young age. In this episode, she highlights the difference between naturopathic and conventional medicine, while emphasizing the need for an integrative treatment approach. Dr. Colon is passionate about finding the root cause of illness and thereby treating the underlying cause of disease.
She is currently participating in a charity competition and is donating ALL FUNDS to HealingStrong! Help us get the word out by sharing the link below on your social media pages and consider donating today!