TIME TO STOP…AND CELEBRATE! GOOD NEWS REPORT!
Healing Strong Conference Team Members: Gil, Jeff, Suzy, (RC), Celeste, Billy, Judy, Kevin, Cortney (AB); MIA-Kate, Rebecca, Sandra
“Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,” says the LORD Almighty. ~ Zechariah 4:6
There are many reminders in scriptures as to the power of God at work, but this one in particular has special significance. It is our HealingStrong Conference Team’s motto and leads off every meeting agenda. It also sits on my computer as a daily reminder. Since the team members have full time jobs and other obligations which take priority, we could not begin what has been done through HealingStrong if it were not being driven by the Holy Spirit at work in our lives.
I want to introduce the “who” behind HealingStrong and give you a taste of what God is doing.
- Rebecca — our web designer and IT manager extraordinaire, homeschool Mom, doting wife, holistic health champion
- Kate – our confidant and business consultant, holistic cancer thriver, full-time educational trainer, committed educator and wife
- Billy – our conference logistics director, father to two (one in heaven because of cancer), full-time distribution supervisor, dedicated and committed holistic cancer advocate
- Gil – conference leadership team member, holistic cancer thriver, committed father, architect and business owner
- Judy – conference leadership team member, care-partner to holistic cancer thriver, homeschool Mom, committed wife, healthy-crunchy-bar-maker at every volunteer meeting
- Sandra – our Kitchen Angel supervisor, mom, grandmother, holistic health champion, chef extraordinaire, gardener, business owner, community volunteer
- Celeste – our volunteer coordinator and meeting recorder, mom to two teenagers, full-time retail manager, holistic health champion
- Cortney – conference leadership team member, holistic cancer thriver, stay-at-home mother to two under the age of four, blogger, devoted wife
- Kevin – our creative artist and production volunteer, father to two young children, husband to holistic cancer thriver, health champion, business owner
- Jeff – conference leadership team member, my life partner and husband, father of our two sons, full-time ministry video production
- Suzy – I am the conference coordinator, holistic cancer thriver, Jeff’s wife, mother to two (our oldest is heading to college in two weeks!), full-time research coordinator
Our team began with a vision of a unique conference and retreat that would focus on those who have impacted our healing, along with cancer thrivers, who have been successful with natural protocols. On September 13-15, 2013, we are hosting some of the most respected practitioners, holistic healing pioneers, and thrivers from around the country at a family retreat center in Atlanta, Georgia. We are very excited about the event, created to give support and information about holistic methods to support healing — by those who are walking in the same shoes!
We set a policy in place to try to help anyone who desires to attend but is financially limited. While not everyone who has applied has received full scholarships, we have been able to award more than $11,500 in conference registration discounts and scholarships with the help of generous contributions from our friends, families and those who believe in our mission. We couldn’t do any of this without donor support. To those special friends who have given over and over again (you know who you are!), we want to say THANK YOU!
We are blessed to have been approved for 501(c)3 status, and every donation is tax deductible. Every dollar in its entirety supports patients, their families and others who want to learn more about healing. As a 100% volunteer supported organization, we currently have no salaries, no light bills and no capital expenses.
Since October, we have sent out more than 2,450 individual prayers through Ruthy’s Ripples prayer journal.
The word about HealingStrong is reaching multitudes around the world. Dr. Judy Seeger has recorded HealingStrong Radio Shows of all of our speakers. Not only that, but Joni Abbott Cox of Homegrown Health, as well as Robert Scott Bell and Ty Bollinger of the Robert Scott Bell Show and Step Outside the Box Wednesdays have interviewed HealingStrong about the upcoming conference and retreat. Our other conference speakers have blog posts and information about the upcoming event (go to their individual pages to learn more). We have some of the most amazing, caring, dedicated individuals on our speaker’s panel, who have devoted their lives and reputations to bring life-giving, life-saving information to others.
Can I just say: Yay God!
We hope to see you in September at the 2013 HealingStrong Conference and Retreat. Registration is filling up fast — we only have 40 rooms left!
“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us…” to him be the glory! ~Ephesians 3:20